Friday, October 2, 2009

VeganMofo Day 2--A MoFo'n survey

Yes, already it has come to this: I am posting my completed VeganMoFo survey. I got home after 9:30 and had no creativity left to write. I am a bad MoFo! (Punny. You love it.)

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Seitan--I've only made it once and it was still second-best
Fronch toast--it is fucking amazing. Nuff said.
Cupcakes. Love 'em.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nooch. Haven't tried it yet, but it's first on my list!

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
The time I was making multi-step, multi-ingredient veggie loaf with curried mushroom topping, and I knocked everything off the counter. Sad face.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickles. (I'm a simple girl.)

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I don't.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash. Worms are on my shopping list. Why must I order them online? Why can't I buy worms locally?!?

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Fronch Toast.
Pasta with garlic, mushrooms and toasted bread crumbs. (You meant dishes, right, not foods? Yeah, let's go with that.)
Coffee.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Mom making muffins. She didn't really cook, because did most of it, but she made muffins a lot.
And Dad's soup. Making soup was elevated to an art form, a two-day process imbued with everything good. (And some carcass, but I skip that step now.)

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Soy Delicious Coconut Milk Bars with Almonds. I said it at a vegan meetup last people: those things are good people it will could people wish they were vegan.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
stick blender

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
cayenne pepper

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Vegan cookbook? Veganomicon.
Any cookbook? The cookbook that I first bought myself was one called Pasta Menus that I bought at a cheap/used place downtown. I used it to cook for a date--the date went well, the food was good. (I kept the cookbook, but not the boy.)

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon. I made it for bookclub at Christmas last year and two people asked for the recipe.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu. I heart it.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
All the time.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
The mini-cupcake pan I bought at a garage sale, and the pan I use for Fronch Toast. They need to handy at all times.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Edamame. Frozen ready-made chickpea side dish, for food emergencies (bad things happen when I am really hungry). ...And I can only remember 2.

20. What's on your grocery list?
Nothing yet--I haven't looked through my pile of disorganized cookbooks and magazines.

21. Favorite grocery store?
The Real Canadian Superstore. There's only three in all of Toronto, but one of them is a twenty-minute walk away from me. It has a kick-ass health food section (apparently it's called the "Natural Values" section) and a very cute Natural Values manager that I enjoy pathetically flirting with over soygurt. Don't judge.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Beef stroganoff. There's probably one out there, but I haven't searched yet.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
VeganDad.

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Cocoa Camino Chocolate Mint.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Raspberry syrup (the kind for coffee) for $15.99. It was purchased solely for cupcakes. I should probably try it with coffee too.

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Nothing, yet. Give me a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment