Monday, September 16, 2013

Jackfruit joy

You know that moment, when you try a new recipe or order somethingat a restaurant that you've never had before, and you realize, "Oh my god, I am going to eat this everyday for the rest of my life." Jackfruit carnitas are one of those foods. It's like the perfect combination of flavour, simplicity and sandwich. It's like tacos and PB&J got together and had a more delicious baby. It's like the sandwich I wish I had for lunch as a kid, except I didn't eat an avocado until well into university.
I got the recipe from Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day, which is one of those cookbooks I just like to flip through and daydream about. The amazingness of this particular sandwich makes up for the weird texture and look of jackfruit, which to me, kinda looks like canned brains. Disregard this, and make it anyway. Or make it for Halloween and pretend you're a zombie: braaaaiiiinsssss...

No comments:

Post a Comment