Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tastebud salsa of joy

A food photo from the past for tonight's post: a plate of Viva Vegan dishes, and one of my most favourite things in the world. I'm probably doing a disservice to myself actually, because I tried the first few things I that caught my eye in Viva Vegan, and I keep making them over and over again: baked marinated tempeh, black beans, sofrito, and tamales. I should branch out, try new things, life is short! But holy chipotle, this plate just makes my tastebuds do a veritable salsa of joy. I'm sure my tamales wouldn't win any contests (I've been told they're small, which seems like bad/not-bad thing) but I could eat this every day, I make a big batch and eat it until I have nothing left and then I lick the bowl. If you haven't cooked anything from Viva Vegan yet, I dare you not to fall in vegan love.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Viva Vegan! and the tamales I've made from it are among my all-time favorite foods. Small or big, what's not to love about tamales?

    ReplyDelete