Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My vegan heart, part 2

As vegans, our expectations for restaurant dining become dramtically lowered. Anything above plain salad and fries/baked potato seem like a miracle. So when I go to a restaurant and see something--nay, not even just "something", but a bona fide prix fixe menu--labelled "vegan"... it makes my vegan heart leap with joy.
That happened this summer when I went to lunch at Tabule, and found their vegetarian/vegan prix fixe menu clearly labelled. Thank you, dear restaurant, for erasing all doubt about whether the falefel has eggs in it! And thank you for not simply telling me I could instead order three vegan items off the menu at twice the price of the prix fixe option! And what's more, my meal was so delicious I threatened to go in the back and kiss the chef. (I didn't. But it was a struggle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment