Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Vegan convenience

When I first becamse vegan I was a little in the dark. It was months before I bought a vegan cookbook. (I know!! What was I thinking?) I cooked everything from scratch and gave on the idea of anything remotely cheese0like. And then slowly but surelly I saw the light. I bought Veganomicon, a new grocery store opened up nreaby and stocked a myriad of veg-friendly foods, and I started branching out. I was losing weight when I went vegan; I was torn between buying whatever vegan treats I could find and not spending calories on "junk". It was only two years into being vegan that I realized I didn't need to buy every vegan thing I saw. Yes, the health food store up the street from work has vegan pastry, but it will have them next week too--I don't absolutely need to buy them today.
But god are these vegan products ever convenient. Tonight, I would rather run 5K than cook; and lo and behold I have some Gardein Chipotle Line Crispy Fingers waiting in the freezer. With heat-and-serve vegan foods easier than ever to find, I am saved from actually cooking--and my tummy can still be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment