Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The most beautiful food

The most beautiful food I ever ate was in New York. I was on vacation, of course, and my co-vacationer and I went down to the oh-so-funky cafe in our hotel. It's so cool in fact that even locals go there! The cafe is Moroccan-inspired, and as I glanced down the menu I noticed not one, not two, but several things I could eat--without even taking off the cheese/sour cream/bacon bits. So I ordered the couscous--and this was what I got. The heavens opened, light shone through the window blinds and illuminated my divine couscous! It had eggplant, pine nuts, raisins and red peppers, and was surrounded by an oil drizzle, and was topped with Delicious light fresh-made hummus. It was so lovely I almost didn't want to eat it. But eat it I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment