Sunday, October 9, 2011

So simple, anyone can be vegan

Sometimes I let a photo inspire me--this is one of those times. I came across a photo taken on a vacation in Italy. It is very simple--mushrooms on toast. They were probably sauteed in oil, which added a little richnees, but that's it. So that's three ingredients, maybe four? This is one of those dishes that makes a point with its deliciousness. It's easy, and it's fantastic. Even the die-hard omnivores among us love mushrooms, so it destroys that idea that vegan food can't be delicious. And with a dish so simple, it shows that vegan food can be as easy to prepare as what they've always eaten. So if anyone gives you grief for veg food being flavourless or complicated...BAM! mushrooms on toast proves your point.

1 comment:

  1. I love mushrooms on toast, there's a vegetarian cafe near me that does spinach & mushrooms on toast & it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete